We are pleased to let you know that our recent article A humanised rat model reveals ultrastructural differences between bone and mineralised tumour tissue is published in the journal BONE and is now available online in the link.
The highlights of our work are;
- X-SCID rats are a suitable host for xenografting of humanised bone constructs.
- Humanised Osteosarcoma (OS) rat model replicates pathognomonic features of human OS.
- Invasion of Luc-SAOS-2 cells into a humanised bone niche altered its ECM composition.
- Ultrastructural analysis of calcified tissue reveals differences of OS and bone.
- Orthotopic OS lesions and OS lung metastasis show ultrastructural similarities.